If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
Every time you do a good deed you shine the light a little farther into the dark. And the thing is, when you're gone that light is going to keep shining on, pushing the shadows back.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Watch your thoughts; they become your words...
Watch your words; they become your actions...
Watch your actions; they become your habits...
Watch your habits; they become your character...
Watch your character, for it will become your destiny.
Desire is a contract you make with yourself to be unhappy until you get what you want.
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds.
Utopia lies at the horizon. When I draw nearer by two steps, it retreats two steps. If I proceed ten steps forward, it swiftly slips ten steps ahead. No matter how far I go, I can never reach it. What, then, is the purpose of utopia? It is to cause us to advance.
EMACS exists because I felt free to make individually useful small improvements on a path whose end was not in sight.
The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff. He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination.
Top network posts
- 15 How to start emacs in "nothing" mode (`fundamental-mode`)
- 14 How to turn off `emacs-lisp-checkdoc` of flycheck when edit source block in org-mode file?
- 11 How to remove bindings to the ESC prefix key
- 9 Proper reinitialization of a list? What is happening under the hood?
- 8 Understanding elisp idiom(boolean values vs. quoted arguments)?
- 8 Use helm-company as default for company autocompletion?
- 7 Understanding uninterned symbols and macro expansion?
- View more network posts →