Co-founder of the Free High School Science Textbooks: now being taken forwards by Siyavula.com. As of May 2012, the South African government has printed and distributed 4,424,500 of our books to every registered learner in the country between the ages of 13 and 16.
I am also co-founder of ThinkTank Maths Limited: a mathematics research organisation which provides innovative solutions to blue chips.
I have a Ph.D. in mathematical physics, an M.Sc. in theoretical physics and a B.Sc. (with Honours) in Physics with Astrophysics.
I am the author of several open source projects, including: netlib-java and matrix-toolkits-java.
My preferred programming languages are Scala, Java and R and many people comment on the fact that I touch type on a DVORAK keyboard.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 5 years, 9 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 25 '16 at 21:43
- Stack Overflow 5.1k 5.1k 55 gold badges3232 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Emacs 1.5k 1.5k 88 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 503 503 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Super User 347 347 11 gold badge22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 195 195 99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 29 Scala equivalent of Java's Number
- 24 How to ignore the Java Source directory during Maven Compilation?
- 19 How can I let all my docker containers use my proxy?
- 17 Never "Keep current list of tags tables also"
- 16 Never "Keep current list of tags tables also"
- 16 Jenkins kill all child processes
- 16 re-use a guard in Scala
- View more network posts →