Co-founder of the Free High School Science Textbooks: now being taken forwards by Siyavula.com. As of May 2012, the South African government has printed and distributed 4,424,500 of our books to every registered learner in the country between the ages of 13 and 16.
I am also co-founder of ThinkTank Maths Limited: a mathematics research organisation which provides innovative solutions to blue chips.
I have a Ph.D. in mathematical physics, an M.Sc. in theoretical physics and a B.Sc. (with Honours) in Physics with Astrophysics.
I am the author of several open source projects, including: netlib-java and matrix-toolkits-java.
My preferred programming languages are Scala, Java and R and many people comment on the fact that I touch type on a DVORAK keyboard.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 6 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 25 '16 at 21:43
- Stack Overflow 5.4k 5.4k 66 gold badges3333 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Emacs 1.6k 1.6k 99 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 533 533 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Super User 387 387 11 gold badge44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 195 195 99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 30 Scala equivalent of Java's Number
- 24 How to ignore the Java Source directory during Maven Compilation?
- 21 How can I let all my docker containers use my proxy?
- 18 Never "Keep current list of tags tables also"
- 17 re-use a guard in Scala
- 17 Jenkins kill all child processes
- 16 Can an ECS container have access to the docker socket?
- View more network posts →