I'm an academic (social science + statistics). Most of my work day is readin' and writin', but when I need to do the 'rithmatic part I dabble in programming -- mostly R, but I would love to see Common Lisp Stat get off the ground.
I started with Emacs back in the day and loved it. I hurt my wrist with the keychords, which I did not love, and switched over to Vim. I loved it, too, but eventually realized I loved modal editing but not Vimscript. I switched back over to Emacs when I stumbled upon Evil mode, and have loved the combination ever since. In the process, I have developed a completely-unanticipated fondness for lisp.
New York, United States
Member for 5 years, 8 months
116 profile views
Last seen May 24 at 14:24
Top network posts
- 41 Why does elisp not have namespaces?
- 37 How to use an external program as the default way to open PDFs from Emacs?
- 37 How to replace an element of an alist?
- 35 What's the difference between a buffer, a file, a window, and a frame?
- 33 How to maximize my Emacs frame on start-up?
- 33 ESS plot directly to an Emacs buffer?
- 32 3 Dimensional Array Names in R
- View more network posts →