I'm an academic (social science + statistics). Most of my work day is readin' and writin', but when I need to do the 'rithmatic part I dabble in programming -- mostly R, but I would love to see Common Lisp Stat get off the ground.
I started with Emacs back in the day and loved it. I hurt my wrist with the keychords, which I did not love, and switched over to Vim. I loved it, too, but eventually realized I loved modal editing but not Vimscript. I switched back over to Emacs when I stumbled upon Evil mode, and have loved the combination ever since. In the process, I have developed a completely-unanticipated fondness for lisp.
New York, United States
Member for 4 years, 3 months
72 profile views
Last seen Jan 9 at 13:46
Top Network Posts
- 38 Why does elisp not have namespaces?
- 32 How to replace an element of an alist?
- 31 ESS plot directly to an Emacs buffer?
- 29 How to use an external program as the default way to open PDFs from Emacs?
- 26 How to evaluate the variables before adding them to a list?
- 26 Emacs on a tablet?
- 25 When to sharp-quote a lambda expression?
- View more network posts →