I learned MacLisp on Multics Emacs (the first Lisp Emacs in the world) back 1980, and have used various Emacs editors on and off for 35 years.
Now I build Emacs tools to shorten/automate the distance between having a software idea in my mind, and having Emacs implement as much of it as possible. I've wanted to work on advanced Emacs tooling for decades, and now do it in my retirement.
I've been interested in extensible editing environments and software productivity for 35 years. I founded Codefast.com, and spent 25 years building an Internet-scalable, knowledge-based, software build and automation system (1M LOC or so). We reached six-sigma error rates (< 3.4 failures per million builds) by removing humans entirely from the build process. All makefiles for every custom thing imaginable were generated and executed on the fly (1000+/day), on 20 platforms, back in the heyday.
British Columbia, Canada
Member for 4 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 28 '16 at 22:35
- Emacs 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 780 780 11 gold badge55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- 3D Printing 395 395 11 gold badge22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Super User 121 121 44 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 111 111 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 17 What does `setq-local` do, and when should I use it?
- 9 Swift 2.2 How to change background color of tab bar controller
- 9 What causes ripples on part of first layer?
- 8 How to display a help buffer/window full frame size (not full screen)
- 6 Find out the purpose of a Prefix Command listed in describe-bindings
- 5 run a single ERT test programmatically
- View more network posts →