I learned MacLisp on Multics Emacs (the first Lisp Emacs in the world) back 1980, and have used various Emacs editors on and off for 35 years.
Now I build Emacs tools to shorten/automate the distance between having a software idea in my mind, and having Emacs implement as much of it as possible. I've wanted to work on advanced Emacs tooling for decades, and now do it in my retirement.
I've been interested in extensible editing environments and software productivity for 35 years. I founded Codefast.com, and spent 25 years building an Internet-scalable, knowledge-based, software build and automation system (1M LOC or so). We reached six-sigma error rates (< 3.4 failures per million builds) by removing humans entirely from the build process. All makefiles for every custom thing imaginable were generated and executed on the fly (1000+/day), on 20 platforms, back in the heyday.
British Columbia, Canada
Member for 5 years, 1 month
0 profile views
Last seen May 28 '16 at 22:35
- Emacs 1.2k 1.2k 77 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 932 932 11 gold badge88 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- 3D Printing 455 455 11 gold badge33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Super User 121 121 44 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 111 111 33 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 20 What does `setq-local` do, and when should I use it?
- 13 What causes ripples on part of first layer?
- 9 Swift 2.2 How to change background color of tab bar controller
- 8 How to display a help buffer/window full frame size (not full screen)
- 6 Find out the purpose of a Prefix Command listed in describe-bindings
- 5 run a single ERT test programmatically
- 5 What is this weird support line doing in this print?
- View more network posts →