We currently have 13 questions tagged , covering:

  • Printing to paper, or writing output to a file that is meant to be printed on paper (PDF or PostScript): 1 2 3 4 5 6
  • Converting a Lisp object to a string representation: 1
  • The print function and its siblings: 1 2 3 4

I propose to rename the tag to “printing” for the printing-to-paper/PDF/… meaning, because that's the tag name most SE sites use.

What about the other questions? Is there a unifying tag name for the other two meanings?

| |

I agree that printing makes sense for the printing-to-paper/PDF questions.

For the others (convert to string representation, and the print function), my first reaction is to switch them over to the elisp tag.

I realize that the elisp tag is sometimes vague/abused (we had a meta discussion about it a while back), but these topics seem like they're close enough to elisp-the-language to fit. I'm not a fan of proliferating separate tags for different elisp functions, and would prefer not to add to the babel.

| |

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .